Recipe by Roger/OH
From an old issue of Country Woman magazine. A nice twist on traditional Fried Green Tomatoes.
- 4 medium green tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tomatoes into 1/4" slices.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Combine cornmeal, cheese, flour and seasonings in a shallow bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Pat tomatoes dry.
- Dip tomatoes in egg mixture and roll in cronmeal mixture.
- Fry tomatoes a few at a time until golden brown. About 3 to 4 minutes a side.
- Drain on a paper towel.