New twist to a Southern delicacy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 green tomato, sliced into 4 (1/2-inch thick)
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 leaves boston lettuce
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- 1Spoon 1/4 cup flour into a shallow dish; set aside.
- 2Combine remaining 1/4 cup flour, cornmeal, 1/8 teaspoons salt, and 1/8 teaspoons pepper in another shallow dish.
- 3In a third shallow dish, whisk egg with buttermilk.
- 4In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat on stovetop.
- 5Evenly sprinkle each tomato slice with remaining 1/8 teaspoons salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoons pepper. Dust tomato slices in remaining 1/4 cup flour, then dip in buttermilk mixture, and dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- 6Fry tomatoes, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until lightly browned and tender.
- 7To assemble sandwiches, evenly spread each slice of toasted bread with Chipotle Mayonnaise; then layer lettuce leaf, 3 slices bacon, and fried tomato.
- 8To prepare Chipotle Mayonnaise combine all ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well.
- 9Cover and chill.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Green-Tomato BLT
Serving Size: 1 (1112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1138.8
- Calories from Fat 659
- Total Fat 73.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 107.3 mg
- Sodium 1816.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: