Recipe by elliebelle
I was making Chilie Rellenos and some of the chilies were coming apart in strips, so rather than throw them away - i battered and fried them - everyone LOVED them!! We make them about once a week now!
- 12 fresh roasted green chilies, peeled and seeded
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pull apart green chilies into about 3/4" to 1" wide strips.
- Set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper- set aside.
- In separate bowl, mix eggs and milk.
- Heat oil to med-high heat.
- Dip chilies into flour mixture, egg mixture and again in flour mixture- fry until golden brown.
- Serve with ranch dressing or a cheese sauce.