Fried Green Beans With Coconut
- In a 10-inch heavy skillet or 12-inch wok, heat the butter over moderate heat until a drop of cold water dropped into it splutters instantly. Add the mustard seeds and fry for 30 seconds.
- Thoroughly stir in the onion, ginger, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the green bean pieces. Stirring constantly, add the cayenne and fry for 5 minutes longer.
- Add the coconut and cilantro, reduce the heat to low, and cover the pan. Stirring occasionally, cook for 5-8 minutes more, or until the beans are crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, taste for seasoning, and serve at once.