1/1 Photo of Fried Green Beans - the Neelys
This recipe is from DOWN HOME WITH THE NEELYS. I had to try this recipe. I served it to some co-workers who thought I was crazy for frying string beans. It very good and crunchy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oil to 375 degrees F.
- 2Whisk the beer,flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- 3Dip green beans into batter to coat, letting excess drip off. Fry in the peanut oil in batches, until they are golden and crisp. Remove from oil with a spider strainer to a paper towel lined sheet tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4NOTE: I like to dip with homemade wasabi mayo.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Green Beans - the Neelys
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1172.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 5.6 g