Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple twist to canned beans!
Make and share this Fried Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon, diced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained
- garlic powder
- 1 medium chopped onion
- Fry bacon until almost done.
- Drain most of the fat.
- Add onions; cook until tender.
- Add garlic powder to taste.
- Add beans and stir until beans are hot; serve.
These are wonderful!! with my husband and 2 teenage boys, I now have to double the recipe - I've made this recipe a few times now! and will make green beans this way from now on!!
I added 1/4 cup of vinegar to give it a needed zing. Great!
I have made these for several years now. I use a tablespoon of butter to fry them in until the butter is all soaked into the beans. My 2 young boys love them.