Prep 3 mins
Cook 4 mins
fried green beans (similar TGIFriday's/PF Chang's)
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, cleaned, blanched
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- seasoning salt, pepper, etc
- oil (for frying)
- In a bowl, combine flour, water, egg, baking powder and salt. Mix until smooth. In large skillet, heat oil until hot.
- Dip beans, (in batches) into batter, fry in oil about 4 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
- Season using extra seasoning salt, pepper, or other spices.
- *I have also used pole beans instead of green beans.