This salad is a treat! Great as a starter for 3 course meal or a light lunch!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces mixed salad greens (eg frisee, rocket, babyleaf)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberry
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 plum tomato, skinned and seeded, diced
- 1 ounce pine nuts
- 4 ounces goat cheese, cylinder shaped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 1/2 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1Cut goat cheese in 4-6 even slices.
- 2Beat egg with pepper and salt.
- 3Mix flour with cornstarch.
- 4Put egg mixture, flour mixture and breadcrumbs in 3 separate bowls. Soak cheese slices in flour mixture, egg mixture and breadcrumb mixture respectively. Repeat once for thicker crust.
- 5Fry cheese in shallow layer of vegetable oil in 20 inch skillet, turning regularly until golden on both sides.
- 6In the mean time, roast pine nuts in dry skillet until brown. Set aside to cool. Put fried cheese on absorbing paper towel and set aside.
- 7Whisk all dressing ingredients together until smooth.
- 8Mix fresh raspberries, lettuce, basil, avocado and tomato and divide over 2 plates. Place fried cheese on top. Sprinkle with pine nuts and drizzle with dressing. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Raspberries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Raspberries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Goat Cheese Summer Salad With Raspberry Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 891.0
- Calories from Fat 465
- Total Fat 51.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 170.3 mg
- Sodium 1137.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 27.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens
salt & pepper