Recipe by Eurotreasure
this salad is a treat!! great as a starter for 3 course meal or a light lunch!
- 10 ounces mixed salad greens (eg frisee, rocket, babyleaf)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberry
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 plum tomato, skinned and seeded, diced
- 1 ounce pine nuts
- 4 ounces goat cheese, cilinder shaped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut goat cheese in 4-6 even slices.
- Beat egg with pepper and salt.
- Mix flour with corn starch.
- Put eggmixture, flourmixture and breadcrumbs in 3 seperate bowls. Soak cheese slices in flourmixture, eggmixture and breadcrumb mixture respectively. Repeat once for thicker crust.
- Fry cheese in shallow layer of vegetable oil in 20 inch skillet, turning regularly until golden on both sides.
- In the mean time, roast pine nuts in dry skillet until brown. Set aside to cool. Put fried cheese on absorbing papertowel and set aside.
- Wisk all dressing ingredients together until smooth.
- Mix fresh raspberries, lettuce, basil, avocado and tomato and devide over 2 plates. Place fried cheese on top. Sprinkle with pine nuts and drizzle with dressing. Enjoy!