Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great for tailgate especially at Tn Fl ball game. Recipe came from family friend
- 1 lb alligator meat
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons seasoning salt
- Cut gator meat into small strips or bite size pieces.
- Pound with meat tenderizing hammer.
- Beat egg in small bowl.
- Mix flour and seasoning salt together in a seperate bowl.
- Put pieces of gator meat in egg, and then dredge through seasoned flour.
- Fry over medium heat until golden brown.
- Use favorite dipping sauce and dig in.
- You can add red pepper or Cajun seasoning to flour mixture to spice it up a little more if desired.
I thought this was pretty cool. I think Pegger1 misread the directions b/c it said she put 4 TABLEspoons instead of teaspoons of salt. I made this b/c when I was little my dad who lives in Florida sent me a can of gator meat as a joke. Made me think of him (don't worry, I didn't use that same can).
I'm sorry to say that this recipe was waaaay to salty! I should have known what using 4 tblsp. of seasoning salt would do but I was making it for New Years Eve and it looked easy and quick so I grabbed it. Not only that but my gator tail was preserved in salt water. First time I ever made alligator though!