Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delightful dish that we love to make. It is another family favorite.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook garlic in butter for a minute, but do not brown.
- Add asparagus, and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning asparagus to ensure even cooking.
So simple yet so delicious. I cut way back on the butter and oil; but kept the seasonings the same. We will be making this again for sure. We served it with salmon.
Very simple recipe, very simple flavors! I am a big fan of asparagus and this was a tasty way to make it. I chopped the garlic fairly big (for garlic anyway) and added a squeeze of lemon juice to my second helping. You should try that, it was really yummy. I even got a 6 year old to eat a few pieces. I will make this many times! thanks
Really good and quick! Slightly crispy asparagus for a change. Used roasted garlic and it was delicious. Thanks, Nimz!