Recipe by CrankyCook
This is a good fried fruit pie dough. It frys up light and crunchy. This will also be good with meat pies.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup Crisco
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar (yellow is too strong)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and salt, cut in shortening till you get coarse crumbles.
- Mix water with egg, stir in slightly.
- Mix in Vinegar till all combined.
- Form ball, wrap and chill 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Seperate into 12 balls then flatten and fill with the filling of your choice. Don't forget to seal the edges and crimp so the good stuff won't come out!