southern chef in louisiana's Note:
These are delish and so southern.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 your choice apples or 6 -8 peaches or 6 -8 apricots or 6 -8 pears, cut into pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- powdered sugar
Scrumptious lemon sauce
- 1Lemon sauce: In saucepan mix the sugar and the cornstarch. Stir in the boiling water. Add the remaining ingredients.
- 2Boil, stirring constantly until the mixture is transparent. (Set aside to serve over the fritters).
- 3Mix together the next 3 ingredients. Slowly add the milk. Next add the eggs and blend.
- 4Dip the fruit in the batter.
- 5Fry in deep hot oil (375°F) for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Drain on paper towels.
- 7Sprinkle fruit with the powdered sugar and serve with lemon sauce.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Fruit Fritters With Scrumptious Lemon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.4
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 79.3 mg
- Sodium 247.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 31.8 g
- Protein 5.7 g