Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are delish and so southern.
Make and share this Fried Fruit Fritters With Scrumptious Lemon Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 6 -8 your choice apples or 6 -8 peaches or 6 -8 apricots or 6 -8 pears, cut into pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- powdered sugar
Scrumptious lemon sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Lemon sauce: In saucepan mix the sugar and the cornstarch. Stir in the boiling water. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Boil, stirring constantly until the mixture is transparent. (Set aside to serve over the fritters).
- Mix together the next 3 ingredients. Slowly add the milk. Next add the eggs and blend.
- Dip the fruit in the batter.
- Fry in deep hot oil (375°F) for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle fruit with the powdered sugar and serve with lemon sauce.