Prep 50 mins
Cook 10 mins
We ate all sorts of wild game and critters when I was a kid living in rural Louisiana. My mom always said, just tell her it is chicken and she'll eat it. She knew that if I knew what I was really eating, then I would push my plate away. That is how she got me to eat my first frog leg.
- 2 lbs frog's legs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup dry seasoned dry bread crumb
- vegetable oil
- Place frog legs in a shallow oblong dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, mayonnaise, cornstarch, lemon juice, baking powder, salt, and pepper; whisk until smooth.
- Pour mixture over frog legs; cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Add flour and breadcrumbs to a heavy-duty plastic zip-lock bag; shake to mix.
- Remove legs from marinade, shaking to remove excess.
- Put 2-3 legs in bag at a time; close bag and shake until legs are coated.
- Add oil to a dutch oven to a depth of 2-3 inches; heat to 375 degrees.
- Fry frog legs for 1-2 minutes or until dark golden brown; drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.
We thought your frog's legs recipe was very tasty. Would make it again. Thanks for posting.
I stumbled on frozen frog legs in the new grocery store in town and bought them on an impulse. My hubby and I were very excited to make them. They were "finger lickin' good". Any chance these could be baked? I'm always try to keep things light if I can. I will definately make these again.
NurseDi, I, too, grew up eating wild game, fish and yes, froglegs. For the longest time I wouldn't even taste one because of it being a...frogleg. (after all, I was a very young little girl) However, at dinner one night my dad made me taste one, "Just try it, take one little taste, and I won't ever ask you to again," he said. Later on during that same dinner my dad also had to make me STOP eating them because I ate so many he was afraid I would get sick! lol.... I've been hooked ever since. Thanks for posting! ...txgammi