Make and share this Fried Fresh Corn With Bacon Grease recipe from Food.com.
- This takes a while to prepare as corn must be cleaned of husk and silk.
- Then slice corn off the cob.
- Cook 2 strips of bacon. retain 2 tablespoons of bacon grease, add corn and 1/2 cup of water, and 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter and cook till liquid is mostly gone.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Top with crumbled bacon and stir.
- Can add onions or peppers to enhance flavors.
What a yummy combo. I used more bacon, and less water and bacon grease, since I used Trader Joe's precooked bacon (it doesn't release very much fat when crisped in the pan).
I'm giving this a five because DH just loved it! He wants bacon with his corn now all of the time.
Made exactly as directed and wouldn't change a thing!
RIP PapaD. You are greatly missed.
Amazing recipe. Don't change a thing. I can't believe I never thought to combine bacon and corn. Yum, yum, yum. RIP Papa D, you will be greatly missed.