Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
- sweet corn, Fresh, 6-8 ears, small (5-1/2-inch to 6-1/2-inch long)
- bacon grease, 2 tbsp
- bacon, 2 medium slices, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup water
- butter, unsalted, 2 tbsp
- This takes a while to prepare as corn must be cleaned of husk and silk.
- Then slice corn off the cob.
- Cook 2 strips of bacon. retain 2 tablespoons of bacon grease, add corn and 1/2 cup of water, and 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter and cook till liquid is mostly gone.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Top with crumbled bacon and stir.
- Can add onions or peppers to enhance flavors.
Thank you! This is exactly the recipe I was looking for to make my Honey's Aunt Leedy's corn. It's just like hers that was lost & we thoroughly enjoyed it & will pass it along in her memory.
What a yummy combo. I used more bacon, and less water and bacon grease, since I used Trader Joe's precooked bacon (it doesn't release very much fat when crisped in the pan).
I'm giving this a five because DH just loved it! He wants bacon with his corn now all of the time.
Made exactly as directed and wouldn't change a thing!
RIP PapaD. You are greatly missed.