Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from "Callaloo, Calypso and Carnival" The Cuisines of Trinidad & Tobago. Posted by request.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup minced onions or 1⁄4 cup chives
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced celery leaves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ground salt and black pepper
- 2 lbs flying fish fillets (or substitute other white fish)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Combine all ingredients except the fish and oil to make a batter, mix well.
- Add the fish and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Remove the fish and fry in oil until deep brown.
- Serve with tartar sauce and a choice of hot sauces.