Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a simple recipe that is a big hit with my family...so tasty.
Make and share this Fried Fish Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs cod, loins or 2 lbs basa fillets
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 16 soft corn tortillas or 16 flour tortillas
- 1 (14 ounce) bag Coleslaw
- 2 avocados, sliced (optional)
- 1 tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno dip or 1⁄2 cup chipotle mayonnaise
- Fill a large deep frying pan about 1/3 full of vegetable oil. Heat to 375°F.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a dish. In a separate dish, beat the eggs with salt and pepper and the water.
- Cut each fish fillet into 4 equal pieces , then season with salt and pepper. Dip the fish into the eggs, then into the panko bread crumbs. Place on a tray lined with paper towels and let rest for 15 minutes to allow the breading to set.
- Cook the fish a few pieces at a time until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 - 7 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- To warm the tortillas, heat a dry frying pan over medium heat and warm the tortillas in the pan until it softens and is hot, about 30 seconds.
- Spread the dip on the tortillas, then top with the coleslaw, avocado, tomato then the fish.
- *Chipotle Mayonnaise; 1 cup mayonnaise, 2-3 chipotle chilies (canned in adobo), 1 tablespoons adobo sauce and juice from 1/2 a lime. Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor, then cover and refrigerate.*.
Delicious, these were a BIG hit with the family!