Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
" this is a recipe from mama faye's restaurant nile valley"
- 6 pieces dover sole (large)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- green cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 cups tartar sauce (your choice)
- 3 cups canola oil or 3 cups peanut oil
- 6 medium hamburger buns or 6 medium steak rolls
- Cole Slaw.
- In a bowl combine chopped cabage.
- 1/2 cup tartar sauce.
- 1/2 cup diced onions.
- mix together cover with plastic wrap then stor in the refrigerator.
- Fried Fish.
- In a cast iron skillet put oil in and heat until bubbles form on the sides.
- test your oil with flour and if the flour fries then you are ready to cook your fish.
- In a paper bag place your fish, the seasoning salt, and shake until the fish is fully covered with seasoning.
- Pour your corn meal and flour in the bag then shake once more until your fish is fully covered.
- (Put a plate cover with paper towlels to the side to rest your fish on when done cooking).
- Place each individual piece of fish in the hot oil and cook until golden brown.
- Take your steak rolls and wipe the remainder of the tartar sauce on each roll then place the fish next, cole slaw, tomatoes, and bun.
- You can serve this with steak fries and green salad.