Recipe by sharda
In India fish is considered to be the universal food.This fried fish is very easy and tasty when you have less time, very tired,but want some thing good to eat.Just prepare a chilled glass of drink and ready to go.This fried is a good combination with Beer or very strong flavored wine.Try it once,you'll like it.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
This is fabulous, thanks!! I wanted to make something with fish but was short in time so I remembered that I had this recipe saved for trying later. Now I tried and I'll do that anytime I'm in a hurry and my hubby wants something Indian :-) Definitely a keeper.
- 2 lbs fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 cup vegetable oil, to fry
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the fillets into small size pieces(approximate 2 x 2 inch).
- wash it and pat it dry with paper towel.
- mix all the above ingredients except oil.
- Leave it to marinate for about 1/2 an hour.
- In a wok or frying pan(avoid non stick)heat the oil at about 325 degree F.
- Drop in the pieces one by one.In one batch fry only 4-5 pieces.
- Do not over crowd.
- On each side fry for 3-4 minutes until light golden brown.
- Drain it on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- serve it hot with Indian style chapati or tortillas,with some chilled cold drink.