Why pay the fast food chains when you can cook it yourself? For just about the same money, you get more food and you know what you're eating. Here's a simple, yet tasty recipe to satisfy your hunger for a good ol' fish sandwich.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan. (Or you could deep fry).
- In a bowl, combine the milk and eggs to create an egg wash.
- Season the fish with salt, pepper and Old Bay seasoning.
- Cut each fish diagonally into 3 or 4 pieces.
- Dredge the fish in the flour.
- Dredge the fish in the egg wash.
- Now cover the fish in panko breadcrumbs.
- Fry the breaded fish in the HOT vegetable oil until golden brown. (About 3 minutes on one side and 2 minutes on the other.).
- Cook a few pieces at a time.
- Once cooked, set on rack or paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle fish with remaining salt, pepper, Old Bay seasoning.
- Note: The fish is very "meaty," and is also filling as a sandwich or by itself.