Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
a deliciously different way to serve fried eggs, on toast or not.
- olive oil, for frying
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 fresh red chile, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 -2 slice bread, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- coarse sea salt
- chopped coriander
- Pour enough olive oil in to a heavy frying pan to cover the base. Place over a moderate heat and then carefully break the eggs into it. Fry as usual, spooning hot oil over the eggs to help them set.
- When they are almost half-cooked, add the chilli, cumin and garlic to the pan and continue cooking until the white is set.
- Lift the eggs out on to the bread, together with the bits of chilli and garlic, and then spoon over a little of the oil. Drizzle over the balsamic vinegar, season with salt and scatter over lots of chopped coriander. Eat immediately.
I made this exactly as written and the only difference was using only a very small amount of the chili pepper. Local, free range eggs were made good use of, too! I also baked a loaf of rustic bread. Served over a bed of arugula along with roasted beets. Perfect! Prepared for the FYC tag game!
Very good! I added alittle extra balsamic.
WOW these eggs certainly pack flavour and made for a very satifying breakfast. The only change I made was I subbed parsley for the coriander as I am not a big fan of fresh coriander. Thank you MarraMamba, made for ZAAR Stars.