Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Gourmet Magazine - October 2006
- 1 cup drained stewed tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chile in adobo
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 8 large eggs
- Puree tomatoes, coffee, onion, garlic, chipotle, and one tablespoon oil until smooth.
- Simmer puree in a 10-inch heavy skillet, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate and season with salt.
- Remove from heat.
- While sauce simmers, fry eggs in two batches in remaining tablespoon of oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate heat until cooked as desired.
- Serve eggs topped with sauce.