Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe from Lebanon. Another recipe from my cherished cook book from Saudi Arabi by Nahda Salah.
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 8 eggs
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 onion
- Whisk the eggs with sugar and salt.
- Cut the onion to 1 cm pieces and mix it with the ground beef.
- Fry it to desired cooked level.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoon oil.
- Fry 1/4 of the egg mixture until the down side is light brown.
- Spread 1/4 of ground beef and onion mixture .
- Fold the fryin eggs in half the engulfing the beef.
- Fry the upper side of the eggs until light brown.
- Serve immediately.
- Repeat 3 more times, making three more servings.
- For garlic lovers, add garlic to beef and onion mix.
- For color, dash paprika on top.
I made 1 serving - easy peasy! I used just a dash of salt because I need to restrict sodium, and added a dash of garlic powder, but didn't change anything else. This is so different and unique, I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing this recipe Rose's Granddaughter. Made for Zwizzle Chicks for ZWT6.
How fun! My husband recently invited all his brothers over and I actually made this for their dinner after the fishing trip. Served with buttered toast and they were satisfied. Generous servings - I could only eat a half of one myself.