Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
I love garlic, even for breakfast...so this is a great recipe for me and all the garlic lover's out there. It comes from Leslie Sansone's book Eat Smart, Walk Strong book.
- 4 slices multigrain bread, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- Place the diced bread and the garlic in a large bowl and mix together.
- Add 1/4 olive oil and stir the ingredients together.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the bread and garlic mixture.
- Cook until it begins to sizzle and brown.
- Add the tablespoon of olive oil to the pan (around the bread) and heat for 10 seconds.
- Then crack the eggs on top of the bread (or if you prefer scramble them up in a bowl first and pour over bread) and cook until set (about 2 minutes).
- If desired flip and cook on other side about 30 seconds more.
- Remove the eggs and bread to serving plates and add salsa to skillet.
- Cook until hot and then pour over the eggs.
- Serve immediately.
Oh wow, I was stunned by the goodness of this easy recipe! I really couldn't believe how great this tasted for being so easy. I went ahead and added the eggs to the top of the bread without scrambling and then flipped them over as recommended. The garlicy fried bread bits were heavenly with the salsa and eggs. This is my new favorite breakfast. Thanks so much for posting!