1/2 Photos of Fried Eggplant (Aubergine)
1 hr 39 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
We love fried eggplant in the summer when they are in season. This recipe comes from a "Southern Living" cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle both sides of eggplant rounds evenly with salt.
- 2Place on layers of paper towels and let stand for 30 minutes.
- 3Rinse and pat dry.
- 4Soak eggplant in buttermilk about 30 minutes.
- 5Combie flour and next 4 ingredients.
- 6Drain eggplant slices and dredge in flour mixture.
- 7Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches into large cast iron skillet.
- 8Heat to 375 degrees.
- 9Fry eggplant 3 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Eggplant (Aubergine)
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.6
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 952.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g