Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
An adopted recipe I've not tried. Here's hwat the OP says about it: "Very easy fried eggplant. Just like shake n' bake!My husband really likes this recipe. He says it's the best fried eggplant he ever had. Easy to make this "parmesan" by adding sauce, mozzerella and baking. Very cheap too!! One SMALL eggplant feeds 6!"
- 1 eggplant, sliced medium thin (leave skin on)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Preheat oil in pan on medium till a splash of water sizzles on it.
- Put everything in a giant freezer ziploc bag EXCEPT the eggplant, oil and eggs.
- Skake it up well.
- Lightly beat eggs in a bowl.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg and add to bag about 3-4 at a time.
- Shake them up good.
- Place battered slices in hot oil.
- flip after 2 minutes.
- Remove when browned on both sides, about 4 minutes total.
- Continue until all slices are done.
- I always make this with pasta, garlic bread and my stuffed mushrooms (recipe posted).
Just an FYI, I have almost the exact same recipe and if you want to make it low fat you can also bake them in the oven. Either way, they're delish!
So yummy! I just cut up eggplant not knowing what I was going to do with it, until I came across this recipe. It was so quick and easy. I had extra breading so I added some zucchini and threw it in the pan.<br/><br/>I changed a few things around; I used less oil. I didn't have straight parsley so I used Italian seasoning just not as much. I also used only 2/3 c breadcrumbs and 1 c parmesean cheese to cut down on the carbs. <br/><br/>I made it for a little snack but I can tell it would be even better with marinara sauce and cheese. I actually timed the 2 minutes per side and it wasn't greasy or mushy - just right!
Delicious!I love fried eggplant.Although the skin is nutritious,I peeled it off,because when fried,the breading will not stay on the skin.I also added parmesan cheese after they were fried.They were great, Thanks for the recipe!