Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cook and pretty quick.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- Slice eggplant the long way into about 3/8 inch slices.
- Whisk egg into milk. Drop eggplant slices into mixture and soak for just a few seconds.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and parmesan together and drudge eggplant slices until well covered.
- Fry on med low heat until lightly browned.
Made this with the first eggplant from our garden. Really liked the addition of the parmesan cheese. Delicious! Thanks hammy. Bullwinkle.