Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very simple and common side dish that goes well with meat, fish or chicken. The eggplant slices are also great in sandwiches. You can vary some of the ingredients and seasoning to your taste -- I prefer a simple preparation.
- 1 large eggplant, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup whole grain wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Lightly beat the egg and place in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the eggplant slices in egg and lightly dust with flour.
- Fry the coated slices in the vegetable oil until lightly brown -- turning once.
- Place the eggplant on paper towel to draw out excess oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.