Recipe by Manami
This can be prepared in less than 30 minutes! It also looks good. Recipe found on www.cdkitchen.com. This is very much like a recipe I saw Bobby Flay prepare, will have to look for it. (Updated 02/2007)
Top Review by chieming
This beautiful sandwich deserves a picture! I used some bread and cheese I had on hand (not exactly what the recipe calls for), but it was delicious and quick nevertheless. I love the flavors of arugula and pancetta together, and it's even better with egg and cheese. Gotta go easy on the pancetta if it's a salty one, though. Thanks for sharing such a delightful breakfast :)
- 4 slices challah, 1/2-inch thick or
- 4 slices sourdough bread, 1/2-inch thick
- 2 ounces thinly sliced pancetta
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ounces arugula
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, shaved
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast bread; butter lightly.
- Heat heavy large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp.
- Transfer to paper towels and drain.
- Crack eggs into drippings in same skillet, keeping yolks whole.
- Cook until edges are opaque and whites are nearly set, about 3 minutes.
- Carefully turn eggs over.
- Cook until whites are set, about 1 minute.
- Put each egg on slice of toast.
- Add arugula to same skillet.
- Cook until just beginning to wilt, about 30 seconds.
- Top eggs with cheese, then pancetta and arugula.
- Top with remaining slices of toast and serve.