Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is something my grandmother used to make for my dad and us grandkids. My husband and I love it and are not ashamed. An old southern classic.
Top Review by sarabeth123
My husband and I LOVE fried egg sandwiches. We have never tried them with mustard and bacon. How delicious!! Makes our favorite breakfast even better. Love the tang of the mustard. Great idea and thanks for sharing.
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- 4 tablespoons honey mustard
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 large eggs
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread one side of each slice of toast with honey mustard.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels; crumble and set aside.
- Pour drippings from skillet.
- Over medium-high heat,melt butter in same skillet.
- Crack eggs and let raw egg drop into skillet (I can fry 4 eggs in my skillet, just depends on the size skillet you are using--may have to do this in two batches).
- Cook until desired doneness, turning once (I like the yolks firm).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Using a spatula, place each egg on a slice of toast.
- Sprinkle bacon evenly on top of eggs.
- Top with remaining toast slices to make sandwiches.