1/4 Photos of Fried Egg Sandwiches
This is something my grandmother used to make for my dad and us grandkids. My husband and I love it and are not ashamed. An old southern classic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread one side of each slice of toast with honey mustard.
- 2In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels; crumble and set aside.
- 3Pour drippings from skillet.
- 4Over medium-high heat,melt butter in same skillet.
- 5Crack eggs and let raw egg drop into skillet (I can fry 4 eggs in my skillet, just depends on the size skillet you are using--may have to do this in two batches).
- 6Cook until desired doneness, turning once (I like the yolks firm).
- 7Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 8Using a spatula, place each egg on a slice of toast.
- 9Sprinkle bacon evenly on top of eggs.
- 10Top with remaining toast slices to make sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Egg Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.2
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 204.5 mg
- Sodium 620.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 12.1 g