This is something my grandmother used to make for my dad and us grandkids. My husband and I love it and are not ashamed. An old southern classic.
- Spread one side of each slice of toast with honey mustard.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels; crumble and set aside.
- Pour drippings from skillet.
- Over medium-high heat,melt butter in same skillet.
- Crack eggs and let raw egg drop into skillet (I can fry 4 eggs in my skillet, just depends on the size skillet you are using--may have to do this in two batches).
- Cook until desired doneness, turning once (I like the yolks firm).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Using a spatula, place each egg on a slice of toast.
- Sprinkle bacon evenly on top of eggs.
- Top with remaining toast slices to make sandwiches.