Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great fried egg sammie that my grannie made and I've made since I began cooking. It's different, but oh so good!
- While bread is toasting fry egg hard in a nonstick skillet.
- Spread toasted bread with a generous slather of peanut butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with the fried egg and enjoy!
- For a heartier sammie with some crunch, add a few slices of crispy bacon.
This is a unique and tasty egg sandwich! I used whole wheat bread, added the optional bacon and used about a tablespoon of peanut butter. Enjoyed this - thanks for sharing your grannie's recipe! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011
I made this for my breakfast this morning. I used the bacon option and made as directed. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
Made this unique sandwich as a late night snack, while we both enjoyed this sandwich we also agreed that the peanut butter over powered the egg. I made as written which included fallowing step 2 "spread a generous slather of peanut butter", would recommend not being too generous with the peanut butter. Thanks for the post. Made for PAC preemie.