Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Fried Egg Salad (yum khai dao) is a Thai “yum” using crispy fried eggs, garlic and coriander. This recipe is thanks to realthairecipes.com
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon small Thai red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, & stems finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil, to partially submerge the eggs while frying
- Mix the fish sauce, sugar, soup base and lime juice well in a bowl.
- Chop the garlic, chilies and coriander fine.
- Fry the eggs in a very hot pan with a good deal of oil until crispy, about 1 minute. It helps to ladle the oil over the top of the egg to cook both sides at the same time. Set aside and allow to cool a bit.
- Put the eggs in a plate and cut into quarters. Mix the garlic, chilies and coriander together into the sauce.
- When ready to eat, pour the sauce over the eggs. Don’t let it sit long or the eggs will get soggy.