Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe courtesy David Rosengarten of Foodnetwork, Show: Cooking Live, Episode: Week of Sundays: Sunday Brunch. This is a very different take on Morning Brunch! It tastes good and is nice for a change.
- 1 lb pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs
- coarse salt, to taste
- crushed hot red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmagiano parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon sage
- While the pasta for this dish is cooking, heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over moderate heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and cook, sunny-side up, basting with a spoon for 2 to 3 minutes without turning, or until the eggs are just done.
- Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle eggs with coarse salt and hot red pepper flakes.
- Time the dish so that the pasta is ready as soon as the eggs are done.
- Place the pasta on a serving platter and toss with the Parmagiano-Reggiano, additional pepper flakes and parsley.
- Pour the contents of the egg pan, including the oil, butter and garlic onto the pasta.
- Garnish pasta and eggs with oregano or sage and serve immediately.