Recipe by Manami
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay from the show Boy Meets Grill and he was featuring Breakfast Sandwiches, they looked to die for and since then I have had it and it was wonderful! We have made slight changes because of personal preference.
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
So different but so good and loved the dressing with the salad. I used spinach instead of frisee and homemade ciabatta, which I lightly toasted before putting it all together. Served with grapes.
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (plus more for seasoning)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb cabrales blue cheese or 1⁄4 lb dolcelatte cheese or 1⁄4 lb Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 4 slices of the blue cheese (the one you crumbled)
- 1⁄4 lb frisee, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large eggs
- 8 slices ciabatta or 8 slices Italian bread or 8 slices toasted English muffins
- 8 slices prosciutto or 8 crispy pancetta or 12 slices crispy turkey bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together vinegar, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in the olive oil until combined.
- Fold in the crumbled blue cheese.
- Add the frisee and toss well to coat the frisee with the dressing.
- Season with more black pepper, to taste.
- Heat a little of the butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Gently crack an egg into a small dish, and then add to the pan with the butter and cook until the white is set and the yellow is slightly firm, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and then gently turn the egg over and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- The yolk should still be slightly runny.
- Repeat with remaining butter and eggs.
- Place the bread on a flat surface and top each with 1/4 of the frisee mixture, followed by 2 slices of prosciutto or cooked cripsy pancetta, and then an egg.
- Place a thin slice of blue cheese on top of the egg and garnish with ground black pepper.
- Place another piece of bread on top.
- Repeat to make a total of 4 sandwiches.