Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay from the show Boy Meets Grill and he was featuring Breakfast Sandwiches, they looked to die for and since then I have had it and it was wonderful! We have made slight changes because of personal preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (plus more for seasoning)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1/4 lb cabrales blue cheese or 1/4 lb dolcelatte cheese or 1/4 lb Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 4 slices of the blue cheese (the one you crumbled)
- 1/4 lb frisee, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large eggs
- 8 slices ciabatta or 8 slices Italian bread or 8 slices toasted English muffins
- 8 slices prosciutto or 8 crispy pancetta or 12 slices crispy turkey bacon
- 1Whisk together vinegar, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl.
- 2Whisk in the olive oil until combined.
- 3Fold in the crumbled blue cheese.
- 4Add the frisee and toss well to coat the frisee with the dressing.
- 5Season with more black pepper, to taste.
- 6Heat a little of the butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 7Gently crack an egg into a small dish, and then add to the pan with the butter and cook until the white is set and the yellow is slightly firm, about 2 minutes.
- 8Season with salt and pepper and then gently turn the egg over and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- 9The yolk should still be slightly runny.
- 10Repeat with remaining butter and eggs.
- 11Place the bread on a flat surface and top each with 1/4 of the frisee mixture, followed by 2 slices of prosciutto or cooked cripsy pancetta, and then an egg.
- 12Place a thin slice of blue cheese on top of the egg and garnish with ground black pepper.
- 13Place another piece of bread on top.
- 14Repeat to make a total of 4 sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Egg, Prosciutto, Frisee and Blue Cheese on Ciabatta
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.9
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 248.0 mg
- Sodium 630.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar