Recipe by Michelle Figueroa
I got this recipe from Paula Deen Magazine. This is a great way to start the day for any avocado lover.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Loved this sandwich. It's similair to #237028, except that one is on bagels. Couple small changes, I agree some of the portions were off for us. We did 1/2 of the avocado & layered it 2nd so it did slide around as much. I mixed together the green onion (or fresh chives) & parsley with the cream cheese to blend the flavours abit. I increased the bacon & cut the salt in 1/2. Also added some jalapendo & bell peppers in the pan & then cooked the egg(s) on top on them. Awesome recipe with lots of flavour & nutrients to start off the morning right.
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon green onion, minced
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread cream cheese over 1 piece of toast.
- Sprinkle with parsley and green onion.
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Drain grease from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- In same small skillet, fry egg in reserved bacon grease over medium-low heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place egg over cream cheese mixture. Top with bacon, tomato and avocado.