Member #610488's Note:
These were served by a friend's mother while I worked in the US Virgin Islands. We had them with fried fish but they would be great just with butter and jam as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the milk and mix together.
- 2Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- 3Divide the dough into 10 balls, kneading each with floured hands. Press the balls gently into 3 inch rounds.
- 4Heat a little oil in a frying pan until moderately hot. Place half of the dumplings in the pan.
- 5Reduce heat to low and cook for about 15 minutes, until they are golden brown, turning once.
- 6Stand the dumplings on their sides for a few minutes to brown the edges, before removing them to drain on absorbent paper. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (820 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.6
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 766.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 5.9 g