Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mama made these little fried pies for us when we were growing up...I still love them..of course she made her own biscuit dough and rolled it out..I updated...lol..
- 1 (11 ounce) package dried peaches
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) cartonready-to-bake biscuits
- lard (that is what Mama used,,I use Crisco and I think you could probably use oil, although I haven't trie)
- Place peaches with water to cover in saucepan; simmer for 30 minutes or until soft. Drain off excess liquid; discard. Mash peaches with potato masher; add sugar, cool thoroughly.
- Roll out biscuits on lightly floured board to make thin circles about 6 inches in diameter. Place portion of peach mixture on one half of each circle; fold over other half, seal edge tightly with a fork. Brown on each side in about 1/4 inch hot lard in a heavy skillet.
I would never have thought of doing these! I did bake them instead of fry them, so I gave it an egg wash on top, sprinkled with some sugar and baked for 20 minutes, but these were really good!