Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This reminds me of deviled crab but is made with canned salmon. Its a recipe I put together on short timing.
- 1 (15 ounce) canned pink salmon
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons dill relish
- 1⁄2 cup garlic Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- black pepper (to taste)
- olive oil
- Drain canned salmon.
- In a medium bowl, combine salmon,green pepper, onion, dill relish, garlic Italain breading and egg.
- Mix well and make into patties.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan.
- Fry patties on low to medium heat until browned.
Marsha, This really hits the mark. Great flavors and lots of crispiness. I did make a little ahead to let the patties set up in the fridge for easier frying. YUMMY!
I just made these, and they are very good, but they didn't completely wow me. They taste much like crab cakes, and are easy to prepare. I served them with Pat's Aioli (recipe on this site), and it was a good match. I will probably make them again, but I might experiment a little with the flavors.