These are VERY SOUTHERN and VERY good! Serve with fried catfish and enjoy!
Make and share this Fried Dill Pickles recipe from Food.com.
- Drain pickles, reserving 2/3 cup pickle juice.
- Press pickles between paper towels.
- Combine pickle juice, egg, 1 Tbsp flour and hot sauce(to taste). Stir well and set aside.
- Combine remaining flour with red pepper, garlic powder, salt and paprika. Blend well.
- Dip pickles in egg mixture then in flour mixture.
- Fry coated pickles in 375F oil until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
I double-battered for extra crunch, and these turned out perfect! I dipped in Remoulade sauce and thought I'd died and gone to fried food heaven!
The first time I ever had fried pickles was at the restaurant Cheeseburger in Paradise. I was craving these little wonders but when my hubby and I went to the restaurant they had closed! Luckily I found this recipe. I used Claussen pickles (the best dill pickles on the planet in my opinion) and cut them into chips on the mandolin which made the process very quick. While frying the pickles, I whipped up some Bloomin' Onion Dipping Sauce which is very similar to the sauce used at Cheesburger in Paradise. The only way these could have been better is if I didn't have to share them with my hubby... ha ha. I've had fried pickles in the shape of spears from a resturant before but they were kind of soggy... I think chips is definitely the best way to go. Next time I may try the Claussen sandwich slices to see how they do. Thanks Gloria... this was just what I needed!
I tried this recipe this evening and they were off the scale yummy. I added a bit more hot sauce and gave them a bit more zing. You could sell these bad boys. This is a recipe that even your cardiologist would enjoy.