Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sounds like another good way to use cucumbers, I will be making this soon as we have lots of cucumbers coming out of the garden. Time for letting cucumbers set is include in prep time.
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 4 cups leeks, julienned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly slice the cucumbers and layer on paper towles to absorb the moisture, allow to drain for at least 30 minutes.
- Trim off the root end of the leeks and discard; juliienne the white part of the leeks only, discarding the dark green tops; Rinse the leeks in cold water and drain very well.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and add oil, butter, and cucumbers; Saute over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, tossing ALL the time.
- Brown the cucumbers and add the leeks and parsley, saute for 2 to 3 minutes more, until the leeks collapse, add salt and pepper to taste, serve.
What a surprisingly delicious combination!
Really enjoyed this dish! Like everyone else, it seems we had a bumper crop of cucumbers. A very nice alternative to cukes in salad. Will have again. Sorry it took so long to review, but life got in the way! Thnx for posting Barb.
This was very easy to prepare. Because of personal preference I added 3 cloves garlic. It is one that I will make again. First time I have ever eaten fried cucumbers and was pleasantly surprised. Jim