Recipe by Aggiezoey
A recipe from a local guy who does a produce show on our local news. I haven't tried this yet, but it looks interesting.
Top Review by Jacqueline in KY
Oh I use to make these all the time, it is a great way to use those cukes in your garden that get too big to eat. I have never used flour but have used plain breadcrumbs and also corn meal.
- 2 -4 cucumbers
- 2 -3 eggs
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1 -2 cup flour or 1 -2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Note - the orginal recipe didn't have ingredient amounts. When I submitted the recipe, Zaar wouldn't take it without amounts, so I just estimated. I haven't tried this recipe, and I'm just posting as a request from one of the message board topics. So go easy on the ratings and please provide tips.
- Select cucumbers that are firm and preferably thin-skinned and small-seeded.
- Peel, if you wish, slice into 1/8" slices and dip in beaten egg mixture (the eggs with milk). Dredge in flour or preferably Italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- Fry in margarine or vegetable oil till browned on both sides.
- Drain on a paper towel, salt and pepper and top with Parmesan cheese. A great appetizer or side dish.
- Note - hot sauce in the egg mixture or cayenne in the flour or breadcrumbs might kick it up a bit.