Recipe by Gloria
Old southern favorite. Great side dish, also some people enjoy this for their breakfast with maple syrup poured over the top.
Top Review by TXmamacooks
This was very tasty and brought back some fond memories! Could not believe how easy it is (I'd always bought it in the grocery store...no more) Not quite as sweet as I like, so next time I might try to add a little sugar to the cornmeal. Thanks for sharing Gloria.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 2 1/2 cups water and salt in small pan.
- Mix remaining corn meal and water Stirring boiling salted water constantly, pour corn meal mixture into the water.
- Reduce heat and cook five minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Spray 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and then pour thickened mush into the pan.
- Place in refrigerator to set firm.
- When set remove from loaf pan and slice into 1/2 inch slices.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and fry mush until lightly browned on each side.