Recipe by Timothy H.
You can use any rub you like. If you have a favorite rub go with it! I have some of my own, and some I have borrowed, and others on my pages just in case you do not have a favorite!
- oil (for frying)
- 2 whole Cornish hens
- 6 ounces southern secrets buttery creole marinade
- southern secrets sizzlin steak and poultry seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oil to 400 degrees Fahrenheit in electric fryer or 350 degrees Fahrenheit in a propane fryer.
- Prepare Cornish hens while oil is heating.
- Remove giblets and rinse Cornish hens with warm water.
- Drain cavity completely.
- While oil is heating, inject Cornish hens using 1/2 ounce of marinade in each breast, and 1/4 ounce into each leg and thigh.
- Rub Southern Secrets Sizzlin Steak and Poultry Seasoning on the outside and inside of Cornish hens.
- Place Cornish hens in basket and lower slowly into oil.
- Maintain temperature at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fry for 14 minutes.
- Remove basket and place in a pan to drain excess oil.