Timothy J Higgins Eva's Note:
You can use any rub you like. If you have a favorite rub go with it! I have some of my own, and some I have borrowed, and others on my pages just in case you do not have a favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- oil (for frying)
- 2 whole Cornish hens
- 6 ounces southern secrets buttery creole marinade
- southern secrets sizzlin steak and poultry seasoning
- 1Preheat oil to 400 degrees Fahrenheit in electric fryer or 350 degrees Fahrenheit in a propane fryer.
- 2Prepare Cornish hens while oil is heating.
- 3Remove giblets and rinse Cornish hens with warm water.
- 4Drain cavity completely.
- 5While oil is heating, inject Cornish hens using 1/2 ounce of marinade in each breast, and 1/4 ounce into each leg and thigh.
- 6Rub Southern Secrets Sizzlin Steak and Poultry Seasoning on the outside and inside of Cornish hens.
- 7Place Cornish hens in basket and lower slowly into oil.
- 8Maintain temperature at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 9Fry for 14 minutes.
- 10Remove basket and place in a pan to drain excess oil.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Cornish Hens
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.6
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 108.7 mg
- Sodium 81.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: