Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can use any rub you like,if you have a favorite go with it! I have some of my own and some I have borrowed others on my pages,just in case you do not have a favorite!
- 4 cups oil (for frying)
- 2 whole Cornish hens
- 6 ounces southern secrets buttery creole marinade
- southern secrets sizzlin steak and poultry seasoning
- Preheat oil to 400º F in electric fryer or 350º F in propane fryer.
- Prepare Cornish hens while oil is heating.
- Remove giblets and rinse Cornish hens with warm water.
- Drain cavity completely. While oil is heating, inject Cornish hens using 1/2 ounce of marinade in each breast, 1/4 ounce into each leg and thigh.* Southern Secrets Sizzlin Steak and Poultry Seasoning on the outside and inside of Cornish hens. Place Cornish hens in basket and lower slowly into oil. Maintain temperature at 325º F. Fry for 14 minutes. Remove basket and place in a pan to drain excess oil.