Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My Mom would make fried corn cakes once in a while to serve with pinto beans. This isn't her recipe the one like she made has already been posted but this is also good. The preparation and cooking times are guess.
- 236.59 ml cornmeal
- 158.51 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml milk
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 236.59 ml sharp cheddar cheese, shredded or 226.79 g bulk sausage, browned and drained can be used in place of the cheese
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, mix milk, butter, and egg.
- Add milk mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup batter onto a lightly greased griddle or skillet; flatten batter slightly.
- Cook until lightly browned on both sides.
- If batter becomes too thick add a small amount of milk.
I thought these were delish. Someone asked me to bring these to go along with some beef stew. This was just what I was looking for. Thanks
We loved these...the crunchie, cheesie pancakes are just what the veggie chili needed. Thanks for posting. It is a keeper!