1/1 Photo of Fried Cornbread
My Mom would make fried corn cakes once in a while to serve with pinto beans. This isn't her recipe the one like she made has already been posted but this is also good. The preparation and cooking times are guess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- 2In separate bowl, mix milk, butter, and egg.
- 3Add milk mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- 4Stir in the cheese.
- 5Pour approximately 1/4 cup batter onto a lightly greased griddle or skillet; flatten batter slightly.
- 6Cook until lightly browned on both sides.
- 7If batter becomes too thick add a small amount of milk.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.2
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 79.6 mg
- Sodium 490.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 9.9 g