Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tasty little appetizers or snacks that can be made super quick.
- 591.47 ml corn
- 2 eggs, separated
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- Combine corn, lightly beaten egg yolks, flour, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer set at high speed until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Stir egg whites into corn mixture. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of corn batter into skillet. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until nuggets are browned, about 3 minutes per side.
not crazy about this at all. of course, I AM so used to having the sweet corn nuggets that are generally served at any Texas BBQ, these are completely different, and very light and puffy. its not that they are BAD, just not what I had expected.
These were so incredibly good and the sour cream on top made it the bomb!!! Jelly :)
10 STARS !! Made for Ash Wednesday dinner side. The sour cream on top was perfect. I used peanut oil instead because I had it on hand.