Recipe by FLFroggie
Tasty little appetizers or snacks that can be made super quick.
Top Review by Boogie and Brody's mom
not crazy about this at all. of course, I AM so used to having the sweet corn nuggets that are generally served at any Texas BBQ, these are completely different, and very light and puffy. its not that they are BAD, just not what I had expected.
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine corn, lightly beaten egg yolks, flour, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer set at high speed until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Stir egg whites into corn mixture. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of corn batter into skillet. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until nuggets are browned, about 3 minutes per side.